Sunday, March 13, 2011

My story


I am currently 9 months and 2 weeks pregnant. The baby's father wanted nothing to do with her and although I know I could be a single mom and survive... I wanted a better life for my daughter... I want her to have the blessings that come through having an eternal family and having a worthy priesthood holder as a father. I started working with an amazing case worker at lds family services and from there found an incredible couple on itsaboutlove.org. Josh and Nicola (the couple) are the most wonderful people I have ever met and the moment I first saw them I knew that they were meant to be her parents. The overwhelming amount of love I feel for my little girl has made this decision difficult and easy at the same time... I love her enough to want to give her more than I can at this point in my life but handing her over to someone else is going to be the most difficult thing I could ever do. I know this is whats best for us both and I could never do this without all the love and support I am receiving from family and friends. I am so blessed to have found this amazing couple and through this process be able to bless their lives as well as my daughters. I know not everyone can see how incredible this is... and a lot of people may not agree with open adoption or my decision... but this is what is right and this is what the Lord wants me to do and I know that beyond a shadow of a doubt. I will always be her mother, but Josh and Nicola are her parents and her eternal family. I cannot wait for the day to see them all sealed together. I will always love my daughter more than anything and that is why I want to do this for her. I love you Berlin Elizabeth Jensen... without you my life would not be the same.

No comments: